Yahtzee Bulletin - 08/09/26 - The BHO's Growth
It has been a good long while since I have updated you fine people with the goings on inside the BHO. But I thought that time was overdue. Why? Well let me tell ya!
For a good few months I have been in a bit of a trance. Play Yahtzee, write a summary of the Match and upload it. Rinse repeat, rinse repeat and so on. What I'm trying to say is that I have been regularly updating our blog, but I have never bothered to see how well the blog is actually doing! Well, one day, just out of interest, I did. Boy was I shocked!
For context, I was getting around 500 views monthly. Not a lot, but this is a Yahtzee blog, so I didn't expect much. I know that Yahtzee is not the "in" thing and it's a bit niche, so I resigned myself to a small viewership. That's okay though, I was happy to be getting views at all! But like I said, after a while I stopped checking views and just carried on with the posts. My philosophy was: "If you like what I'm writing, you will read it, if not, who cares!"
BUT, about a fortnight ago, for whatever reason, I decided I would have a quick glance at my stats, and when I did, I could NOT believe my eyes!!
My readership views for that day alone were over 400! I was gobsmacked! And I say this not to brag, because my views are a mile away from what would be considered "amazing", but it was growth, and growth to a point this blog has never seen!
So this was in August. And by the time August was over, I had beat my monthly viewership by a country mile! Last time I checked our last monthly views was 500+, this time it was over 1900+ which was a record! I was incredibly happy! But I am an amazingly cynical person, so I assumed it couldn't last.
Then came September. It is now the 9th and I can confidently say that the previous record is about to be beaten. In eight days!! I am blown away!
But, honestly, it's not about the views (well, it is, sort of) it is more about you all seeing and hopefully enjoying my content. What is absolutely fantastic is that I have done this for over 2.5 years, shared it everywhere, and I have never had a single negative comment! How rare is that?
Anyway, this whole post is basically just a massive thank you. I appreciate you all. I love the players of our competitions more than anything, they make this stuff happen. And I love everyone that reads our blog! You are amazing!
But don't forget, you can join in as well, just email us for information at: bhoyahtzeeorg@gmail.com
Hope to see you at some point, I hope!



Comments
Post a Comment