Happy Birthday to Lee - Our Resident Antagonist

 

  This is a bittersweet occasion. On the one hand, my second in command is 22 today and I am so very, very proud! On the other hand, my little boy is growing up and if you yourself are a Mother, you know how hard it can be to see your little sprogs grow up and inevitably fly the nest. It's heart wrenching!
  For clarity, Lee Hoggarth is not my son and I am not his Mother, he's my nephew, and to be honest, we don't even have a father and son relationship. It's much more of a bezzy mate type deal. But still, I hate to see him grow older. Pretty much because the older he gets the more opinionated he gets! People accuse me of being opinionated, and I guess that's true. But... and it's a big but... if he has an opinion about something and you mistakenly get him on to it, run for cover. Don't believe me? Just ask him about AI and watch him go!!!
  Speaking of which, a while ago I set up a committee for the BHO. Basically all the members of the committee were designated certain jobs; Lee's role is Head of Media, i.e. logos and any ancillary design work that needs doing. I must say that he is doing a fantastic (if casually slow) job! He is responsible for every one of our logos and..... logos. But that's great! I couldn't do it! But lately he seems to have turned in to a bit of a mini Mussolini!
  He has definitely been getting a bit brave! For example, he had the AUDACITY to suggest that there should be a section on this YAHTZEE blog for his Chess adventures! Pfft!! This blog is reserved for a REAL thinking man's game (yes, sarcasm)!
  But, despite his ridiculous suggestion, I appreciated it, no joke, I did. Why? Because he is prepared to offer new ideas and try to improve the blog! Just stick to Yahtzee next time pal!
  At the end of the day though, he is a bloody good lad and he tries very hard. But if I'm honest, I'm also incredibly hard headed, so I do feel for him. But if he mentions the word "democracy" one more time, I may have to slap him!
  Anyway, Lee, it is most definitely your 22nd birthday! I must say, giving where you grew up, I'm surprised you made it as far as you did! All jokes aside though, you do actually have a fantastic family (treasure them), a fantastic woman (even though she's Welsh) and you are one of my best friends! I know what you're thinking, but I have my youngest daughter, Heidi, who is my best friend too... at least until she's old enough to know how irritating I am! You have also been the best contributor to this blog and you don't know how much that means to me! Have the greatest day!

  Love you... and your five head xxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

Popular Posts