Happy Birthday Claire - One Of The Original OG's

 


  Dear oh dear oh dear! Just look at it. Up there! Just have a good look! Yeah I know it's her Birthday... but just LOOK at it!
  Only Joking. Claire is my older sister. But only by a few years. Yes, I know, I look much, MUCH younger!
  Seriously though. Claire, yes, that up there, is, or was one of the BHO's greatest players. Before our Dad, or the King, got his nasty grasps into the Competitions, Claire was THE MAN... or woman... you tell me! She was a sight to behold on the Yahtzee board! She was the first... human... yes, human, to win the League, and before Russell came along, she was the highest honoured player in the BHO. Simply put, she was bloody fantastic! That seems to have dissipated in recent months. But, do you know what? Who cares? Yahtzee is merely one of my sister's many eandearing, interesting and sometimes off putting facets to her overall character.
  The truth is, and I hate to say it, but Claire is so much more than Yahtzee! If we were in the mafia, Claire would be my consigliere! If I have a problem or I just need to talk, Claire is there! But she does have opening hours and sometimes you do need to book an appointment. But seriously, she is there for anybody and she is always prepared to listen. And boy, over the years, she has listened to ME! For most of our collective adult years I have waffled and waffled and prattled on about my various troubles and issues and not ONCE has she complained, rolled her eyes or even sighed out of boredom. There is a good chance that half the time I was banging on at her she was probably asleep in the upright position (she has a habit of doing that), but even if she was totally conscious, the result would be the same; she will listen intently and allow you to get whatever is bothering you off your chest without an iota of judgement. It's fair to say that if I ever decide to create a BHO Problem Page on the blog, Claire would be it's chief correspondent! She would be excellent at it too!
  Claire, you may not be the queen of Yahtzee anymore... for now at least... but you are certainly the queen of our hearts (awwww). You are a fantastic human(?) and I especially love the fact that that you are very liberal with whom you choose to purchase doner kebabs for!! Anyway, today is your Birthday... 56 again... and if anybody deserves to have the best Birthday ever, it's you. So from myself and your family AND all of us at the BHO have a bloody great one! Get nice and drunk, fall asleep in the dining room and let us all draw on you. Not that you need to be told to do that!

  Love you loads!! XXXXXXXXX

Comments