Well, it's official. Heidi is now a fully fledged member of the BHO. This brings a tear to my eye! And before you all clutch your pearls and moan that she was forced to participate... shhhhhh... but seriously... shhhhhh!
But there is a very valid question here. Why would a seven year old want to join a group of people that take Yahtzee way too seriously? Well I'll bloody tell ya; This hopelessly adorable little mite actually loves Yahtzee! When the wee thing and I play we play Forced Yahtzee for simplicity's sake and she really enjoys it! So much so that she wins more often than not! So when I decided, as an experiment, to trial a shortened Forced Yahtzee League, I had a good idea that she would be interested!
Not only do I think that she will do pretty well, but I actually believe that this little gem of a Human Being has the capacity to take the top spot! Whenever we play, she always seems keenly aware of what she needs and the likelihood of rolling what she needs! She seems to be incredibly intuitive and I can't for the life of me figure out how she does it!
The most important thing about my bestest friend in all the world is that she is an incredibly good loser! Most imps that share my daughter's age would get all cranky and upset if they were to lose a Match! Not my Heidi! She knows that losses are just part and parcel of any competitive endeavour! She is also keenly aware that there is always a next time! This makes my very own Oompa Loompa a far more gracious competitor than I will ever be! What a specimen!
Heidi is my youngest daughter and also, at the minute, at least, the most affectionate! She is full of kisses and cuddles, which means no matter how hard she tries, she will always be magnanimous! So much so that she will even pat you on the back when she has lost. She is an incredible young lady!!
I'm not too proud to admit that when it comes to my most favourite creation I am a bit biased! I know I am! But I hope that by the end of her first competition ever, you will end up agreeing with me! If not, it's because she has beaten you and you are butt hurt because you have been beaten by a seven year old!
Heidi, I can't wait for you to join us! I'm sure you will perform fantastically! Just please... don't do better than daddy! I think that may just kill me!

Comments
Post a Comment